Mentone Community Reference Group (CRG) criteria and nomination form
Nominations are invited from members of the Mentone community who feel passionate about their local area and wish to be involved in the Community Reference Group for the Mentone level crossing removal project. Local knowledge and insight is important as we head into the construction phase of the project, to help minimise impacts on local communities. If you’re living, learning or working in the area and have an interest in how the project will affect you and your community, we want to hear from you!
The purpose of the CRG is to ensure that local community members can learn more about the Mentone level crossing removal project.
The CRG will assist the project team by:
- Providing a local perspective, particularly in relation to project design and minimising construction impacts on local communities.
- Bring local knowledge/networks to encourage discussions with interested and affected residents, schools and community groups.
- Creating opportunities for individuals and groups affected by the project to participate in the project's community events.
Criteria for membership
Nominations to join the CRG are invited from people who reflect the range of interests in the local Mentone community and are affected by the project.
CRG members should meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Involvement in the wider community.
- Endorsed by local organisation (if representing one).
- Strong community networks and linkages.
- Demonstrated ability to constructively participate in an advisory capacity.
- Ability to represent a broad range of views that reflect the diversity of the community.
- Strong understanding of the local community and its social, environmental and economic influences.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the local issues that are relevant to the project.
- Possess a willingness to contribute positively to meetings in a fair and unbiased manner.
- Have an ability to look beyond personal interests for the benefit of the community.
- Ability and willingness to encourage participation from and provide unbiased feedback to the community regarding the project.
- Able to commit to the CRG Group for the time required.
In addition to the above criteria, which will carry equal weight in the assessment of nominations, an overall assessment will be made of the best mix of members to achieve the greatest diversity.
The selection process
The CRG membership will be selected by a panel comprising of representatives from the LXRA and the Minister for Public Transport.
A separate Trader Reference Group will act in an advisory capacity to LXRA and represent business interests to report to this group.
If you want to get involved in the Mentone Community Reference Group, please complete this form by Tuesday 19 June 2018
For more information, download the Terms of reference.