Mentone Trader Reference Group (TRG) criteria and nomination form
Nominations are invited from Mentone traders and businesses to be involved in the Trader Reference Group for the Mentone level crossing removal project. Local knowledge and insight is important as we head into the construction phase of the project, to help minimise impacts on local businesses. If you own a business or work in the area and have an interest in how the project will affect you and other businesses, we want to hear from you!
The purpose of the TRG is to ensure that local traders and business can learn more about the Mentone level crossing removal project.
The TRG will assist the project team by:
- Providing a local perspective, particularly in relation to project design and minimising construction impacts on local business.
- Bring local knowledge/networks to encourage discussions with interested and affected businesses.
- Creating opportunities for traders and business affected by the project to participate in the project's community events.
Criteria for membership
Nominations to join the TRG are invited from people who reflect a range of businesses in the local Mentone community and are affected by the project.
TRG members should meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Involvement in the wider community.
- Endorsed by local business or commerce organisation (if representing one). Strong community networks and linkages.
- Demonstrated ability to constructively participate in an advisory capacity.
- Ability to represent a broad range of views that reflect the concerns of different businesses.
- Strong understanding of the local community and its social, environmental and economic influences.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the local issues that are relevant to the project.
- Possess a willingness to contribute positively to meetings in a fair and unbiased manner.
- Have an ability to look beyond personal interests for the benefit of the community.
- Ability and willingness to encourage participation from and provide unbiased feedback to the community regarding the project.
- Able to commit to the TRG Group for the time required.
In addition to the above criteria, which will carry equal weight in the assessment of nominations, an overall assessment will be made of the best mix of members to achieve the
The selection process
The TRG membership will be selected by a panel comprising representatives from the LXRA and the Minister for Public Transport.
If you want to get involved in the Mentone TRG, please complete and return the accompanying form by Tuesday 19 June 2018.
For more information, view the Terms of Reference.