Construction Liaison Group nomination form
Expressions of Interest are invited from members of the Kooyong and Malvern community who wish to be involved in the Construction Liaison Group (CLG) for the construction phase of the Toorak Road Level Crossing Removal Project.
The role of the CLG
The CLG provides local perspectives and insights throughout the construction phase of the project to help minimise impacts on communities.
While it has no formal decision-making power, the purpose of the CLG is to ensure that local communities have a voice on issues that affect them during construction.
It will assist the project team by providing:
- a local perspective, particularly in relation to minimising construction impacts on the community
- information to the community about the project and its construction
- local knowledge to discussions about the construction program.
Criteria for membership
Nominations to join the CLG are invited from people living or working in close proximity to the works.
The CLG will aim to draw upon a diversity of local voices, including residents, business owners and local sporting teams.
All CLG members must be able to:
- objectively present the views of the community or organisation they represent, regardless of personal views
- provide information relevant to their community interest or area they represent
- act as a two-way channel for communication between the community interest they represent and the CLG
- be willing to pass on relevant information regardless of their personal views
- listen and work cooperatively with others who may hold opposing views
- commit time to attend evening meetings approximately every eight weeks.
In addition to the above criteria, an overall assessment will be made on the best mix of members to achieve the greatest diversity.
For more information, please call 1800 105 105. For translation services, please call 9280 0780.
Nominations close 5:00pm on Wednesday 7 August 2019.